You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
Seniors Mental Health
Apr 6, 2022
Working in partnership with Geriatric Specialists (Geriatric Psychiatrist, Geriatrician), we provide service to seniors with complex cognitive, mental health, concurrent and/or behavioural issues in Cambridge and Guelph Wellington. Service provision includes:
- Completing comprehensive geriatric mental health assessments and collaboratively developing individual care plans/interventions to optimize functioning and quality of life;
- Providing specialty consultations, follow up and monitoring;
- Establishing partnerships with local and regional community services, caregivers, the client and family and primary care providers;
- Educating seniors, families and caregivers about treatment options and health management;
- Formalizing links for transitions between community based services and facility care
- The care plan is developed and implemented with you and your support network including your primary care physician.
The mental health team provides outreach services which include visits in your home. We have offices in Cambridge, Guelph, Fergus, and Mount Forest. Geriatric Specialist appointments may be offered in person at the specialist’s office or virtually. The senior’s mental health team is integrated within the Specialized Geriatric Service.
To receive services please have your family doctor send the referral form to: 1-888-205-1491
To access further information please click here.