Self Help & Peer Support provides group and individual peer support services for Waterloo Wellington adults. All Self Help & Peer Support services are provided by peers: people who have experienced a mental health and/or addiction issue themselves and have been trained to share their experiences of illness and their journeys to recovery and wellbeing in a way that is helpful to others. Curious about Self Help & Peer Support? Find out more about the programs and services Self Help & Peer Support provides.
Self Help & Peer Support provides:
- Drop-in peer support groups
- Drop-in recovery skills group
- Registered recovery skill groups
- Short-term individual peer support to our group participants
- Entrepreneurship services
- Spark of Brilliance healing through the expressive arts workshops
- Centre for Excellence in Peer Support
- Community of Practice for Waterloo Wellington Peer Support Workers
- Peer support training
- Consultation to agencies on implementing peer support roles and peer programs
- External peer support specific supervision to peer supporters in non-peer settings
- Opportunities to volunteer as a peer support group facilitator
Connecting with Self Help & Peer Support Services
A listing of group offerings can be found on Self Help’s website Join a Support Group | Self Help & Peer Support (cmhawwselfhelp.ca)
Self Help services have no waitlist for drop-in groups and no intake is required to join.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call one of our offices to get connected today!
Self Help Offices
9 Wellington Street, Cambridge ON N1R 3Y4
147 Wyndham Street N., Main Level, Guelph ON N1H 4E9
67 King Street E. Kitchener ON N2G 2K4