**Please note: Family Education has moved to a virtual format due to the pandemic. Please visit www.cmhaww.ca/events to see a listing of all upcoming sessions.**
Adult family education is a service offered specifically to family members and caregivers who are supporting an adult with mental health and/or addiction issues. These group education sessions are offered throughout the year on a number of relevant topics across the Wellington and Waterloo Regions.
Are these education sessions right for me?
• You are 18 years of age or older.
• The person you are supporting is 18 years of age or older.
• You don’t have to be related to the person. Friends are also welcome.
• You live in Wellington region.
• Your loved one does not have to have a formal diagnosis and does not have to be accessing services at CMHA.
• This is not a therapeutic service. Referrals to counselling/therapy services can be given as needed.
Educational Topics May Include:
• Understanding Mental Health
• Understanding Privacy and Confidentiality as it Relates to Caregivers
• Crisis Management for Caregivers
• Caregiver Fatigue and Stress Management
• Legal/Financial Issues
• Coping with Grief and Guilt
• Effective Communication
• Suicide Awareness & Prevention
• Boundary Setting
Accessing our Service
Services are available to those residing in Guelph and Wellington County.
There is no cost for this service.
Registration is available at: https://cmhaww.ca/events.
For more information related to family education, contact 1-844-264-2993 ext 2036 or email@example.com.
If you are a loved one looking for support, please contact Here 24/7 at 1-844-437-3247.