Adult family education is a service offered specifically to family members and caregivers who are supporting an adult with mental health and/or addiction issues. Our Family Education Coordinator can meet with family members/caregivers for a personalized, supportive discussion to aid with skill development, education and to provide direction to appropriate community resources. In addition to this, group education programs are offered throughout the year where participants can connect and learn along with other family members.
Is this Service Right for me?
• You are 18 years of age or older.
• The person you are supporting is 18 years of age or older.
• You don’t have to be related to the person. Friends are also welcome.
• You live in Wellington region.
• Your loved one does not have to have a formal diagnosis and does not have to be accessing services at CMHA.
• This is not a therapeutic service. Referrals to counselling/therapy services can be given as needed.
Educational Topics May Include:
• Understanding Mental Health
• Understanding Privacy and Confidentiality as it Relates to Caregivers
• Crisis Management for Caregivers
• Caregiver Fatigue and Stress Management
• Legal/Financial Issues
• Coping with Grief and Guilt
• Effective Communication
• Suicide Awareness & Prevention
• Boundary Setting
Accessing our Service
Services are available to those residing in Guelph, Centre & North Wellington. You can call HERE 24/7 to get help now at:
There is no cost for this service.