Mandatory Reporting of Privacy Breaches
Privacy breaches occur when there is a loss of, unauthorized access to, or disclosure of, personal information. Within this past year, no privacy breaches have occurred at CMHA WW that have required disclosure to the Information Privacy Commissioner of Ontario. CMHA WW fosters a workplace where staff have the tools, training and knowledge to prevent high privacy breaches. How does CMHA WW foster this? We provide mandatory privacy training for all new staff; our leadership team has a high capacity to answer questions from staff and clients regarding privacy; our Chief Privacy Officer is open and accessible for staff and clients to ask questions and our staff and clients feel comfortable bringing forth questions or concerns about privacy.
Psychologically Healthy Workplace
At CMHA WW, we are dedicated to maintaining an organization where people feel safe, valued and respected. We are following the national standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace. Last year we surveyed our staff using Guarding Minds to take a pulse of the Psychological Health and Safety of our workplace based on the 13 psychosocial workplace factors. Our scores were the strongest on the following factors:
- Protection of Physical Safety
- Psychological Competencies and Requirements
We have created a Culture Committee to focus on our two lowest factors including:
- Organizational Culture, and
- Clear Leadership and Expectations
The committee has been working on six action items based on feedback from staff to help improve our lowest factors. The action items we have implemented include:
- Recognizing the good work of fellow staff with ‘Kudos Cards’ available at each of our sites in the staff room. Staff write messages and leave cards on each other’s desks, in their mailboxes, send it through interoffice mail.
- Include highlights from leadership team meetings in weekly staff e-newsletter
- Scheduled thank you treat breaks hosted by leadership to recognize staff
CMHA WW has been accredited with commendation.