We are recruiting for a Service Coordinator for Here 24/7
- There are two opportunities available
- One regular full-time position (35 hours per week – rotating schedule that includes days, evenings, overnights and weekends) based at 67 King St. E. Kitchener.
- One contract full-time position (35 hours per week – Friday, Saturday, Sunday 8pm to 8am plus once monthly 8pm to 5am to ensure a full-time equivalency) until March 2022 based at 80 Waterloo Ave. Guelph.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Here 24/7, this position will provide a range of services at the “front door” to our addictions and mental health system including intake, referral, crisis functions, as well as brief support to individuals who are waiting for ongoing service. Service Coordinators will be part of a large team serving Waterloo and Wellington, but will work within smaller geographically based hubs to respond to and meet local service needs. Successful incumbents will need to go mobile as necessary based on the needs of the person and risk issues.
The incumbent requires:
- Degree/diploma in psychology, social work, or relevant health or social science field
- Three or more years of related experience
- Well-developed intake, referral, crisis assessment, intervention and brief support skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a team environment and also independently
- Knowledge of a broad range of mental health, addiction and concurrent issues
- Knowledge of our system’s mental health and addiction supports and resources
- Good organizational, communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a busy inter-disciplinary setting and with formal and informal community resources
- Well-developed knowledge base of the various service systems within the catchment area
- Demonstrated working knowledge of personal computers, database and word processing applications
- Demonstrated belief in the values and philosophy of CMHA WW
- Demonstrated sound clinical and practical judgement
- The ability to work a rotating schedule
- A valid driver’s license, vehicle and insurance, as travel is required
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements with reference to
Competition # 2021-041 before 5pm on April 22, 2021.
CLASSIFICATION AND RATE OF PAY: Level 5 (OPSEU) – $27.95 to $35.44 per hour
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
80 Waterloo Ave, Guelph, ON N1H 0A1
e-mail: email@example.com fax: (519) 821-9865
CMHA WW, as an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to CMHA WW.