You are currently on the:CMHA National
Visit our provincial websites
Psychiatrists (Children’s Services Team) – Full-Time and Part-Time, Guelph/Wellington
We are recruiting for full-time and part-time Child and Adolescent PSYCHIATRISTS.
This is a full-time role (35 hours per week) or a part-time role (hours TBD) based in Guelph/ Wellington.
CMHA WW is currently recruiting full- and part-time Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists for Guelph/Wellington with teams based in Guelph, Fergus and Mount Forest. The Child and Adolescent Psychiatrists will work within a team based model in the provision of assessment and treatment for children and youth with significant and complex mental health challenges. The position will deliver direct and indirect psychiatric services to CMHA WW Children’s Services.
The ideal candidate will have an interest and skills in psychiatric psychopharmacology and a desire to work with children, youth and families in a community setting. Experience working with a variety of co-morbidities and psychosocial challenges is necessary. There is an opportunity for psychiatrists who are required by the CPSO to have a year of supervised practice.
Leadership within a multidisciplinary team and active collaboration with primary care providers and other community partners is expected, as is working in partnership with the Children’s Services Director and Managers.
Key areas of focus:
- Complex child and youth mental health issues requiring treatment and support
- Based in Guelph-Wellington
- Willing to work with hard-to-reach youth in a team-based approach
- Concurrent disorder experience
- Work with community health care providers
- Will require working in a collaborative, team-based approach
- Interest in actively supporting educational activities and an academic teaching appointment is an asset.
- Will contribute to accreditation activities with Accreditation Canada and with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
- May require use of OTN in the course of service delivery.
The incumbent requires:
- FRCP(C) in Psychiatry and licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- Experience in psychiatric specialties (children’s psychiatry, complex and persistent mental illness) would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team(s)
- Commitment to community-based services
- Demonstrated understanding of and sensitivity to social and cultural diversity
- Highly developed organizational, communication and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, Outlook and various database software
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation, as travel will be required
The Guelph-Wellington region consists of the City of Guelph and Wellington County, which includes the towns of Fergus and Mt. Forest. The City of Guelph has numerous urban amenities but offers a small town charm and atmosphere. Wellington County offers inviting farmland, forests and the beautiful rivers of the region.
The Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge tri-city area is a short drive away, and forms part of CMHA WW’s expansive service area. Pearson International Airport is just an hour away, and the sites of Toronto are easily accessible for an evening or day trip. Guelph-Wellington is a highly regarded area to raise a family, offering modest housing prices with an abundance of lifestyle options, and safe, nurturing, family focused communities in which to live and grow. The highly-regarded University of Guelph and Conestoga College contribute to a spirit of academic innovation and leadership, supported by excellent public, separate and private primary and secondary schools.
Compensation is a combination of fee for service and sessional fees with no overhead costs. This offers a competitive earning potential while maximizing physician autonomy and choice.
How to apply
For more information about joining our team please contact Helen Fishburn, CMHA WW CEO (firstname.lastname@example.org). Or, you can submit a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements. Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
80 Waterloo Ave. Guelph, ON N1H 0A1
e-mail: email@example.com fax: (519) 821-9865
CMHA WW, as an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to CMHA WW.