What is Intensive Support Coordination?
This service supports individuals that live in the community who are dealing with significant mental health issues. We promote independence and quality of life through the coordination of appropriate services and consistent and ongoing support.
We are dedicated to supporting resilience and recovery, based on our core values of hope, self-determination and wellness. We also aim to develop a caring, supportive relationship between the Support Coordinator and the person we serve.
Who does this program serve?
This recovery-oriented service is designed to address the needs of people who experience significant struggles with their mental health.
Specifically, it is available to individuals who are:
- 18 years of age or older; and
- Experiencing mental health issues (with or without addiction challenges) that limit their ability to function on a daily basis
More about Support Coordination
Support Coordination offers:
- Intensive, individualized, voluntary support;
- A strength-based, collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation and service coordination;
- Help with independence and quality of life through coordinating services and providing support;
- Support for people realizing their personal recovery goals, who are stabilizing and improving their quality of life; and
- Support that is responsive to a person’s multiple and changing needs over time (incorporating families where needed)
What to expect from your Support Coordinator
When working with a Support Coordinator, you will receive support on a variety of recovery-oriented functions, including:
- relationship building
- assistance with crisis management
- personal goal and recovery planning
- connecting to formal and informal supports
- support with medication issues
- practical support in multiple life areas
- service and system coordination
Where is this program available?
We offer this service in Waterloo Region, Wellington and Dufferin counties. Specifically, we have offices in Guelph, Kitchener, Cambridge, Fergus, Mt. Forest and Orangeville.
How do I get started?
Call Here 24/7 at 1-844-HERE-247 (437-3247)
or visit www.here247.ca