Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington are proud to continue to provide a great program each summer for families of children with special needs. Supporting Kids in Camp (SKIC) provides children who have special needs with trained and experienced one-to-one workers, called Support Counsellors, so that they may attend specialized and/or integrated community camps.
There is no cost to families for this service!
This program is funded by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) and will help to address one-to-one support needs during summer camps. If you are interested in applying for a support counsellor so that your child may be fully included and supported at a camp program, please read the following information:
WHO CAN APPLY?
Please review the following criteria:
–your child lives in the Guelph-Wellington region
-your child is under the age of 18
-your child has two of the following: physical, cognitive, or behavioural challenges
-your child wants to attend a day camp and needs support for successful inclusion
We support day camps in the Guelph-Wellington region. Use the map below to view the boundaries of the Wellington region.
All eligible applicants must follow the process described below.
Applying to Supporting Kids in Camp (SKIC) – Registration opens April 1, 2022 at 12:00 PM
- Choose a camp program for your child and register for that program.
- Fill out the Online Application. (If the week that you are interested in does not appear in the pull-down menu, that week is currently full)
- Complete the One Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org within 3 days of your online registration to hold your space.
- The Program Coordinator will contact the camp, to ensure they are committed to the philosophy of inclusion, and will contact your family regarding acceptance.
- Confirmation of support will be sent by e-mail once all paperwork has been received, based on availability and eligibility.
- If you wish to be notified about upcoming SKIC registration dates or events, you can join our email distribution list.
Join our email distribution list for notifications regarding SKIC registration dates and events.
Laura McDonald – Recruitment and Training Coordinator
c/o Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
485 Silvercreek Parkway North, Suite 1. Guelph, ONT. N1H 7K5
Phone: (519) 821-8089 ext: 7055
Fax: (519) 836-7459
- In fairness to all, applications for a Support Counsellor are limited to one week during the summer.
- Please be aware that registration is first come/first serve.
- Please contact the Project Coordinator, above, for access to the One Form