On Sunday June 26th, 2016 we had over 135 riders take part in our inaugural Ride Don’t Hide cycle event. Riders took part in either a family-friendly 8km ride or a 47km route. We were joined by thousands of other Canadians in 28 other cities across Canada and by hundreds of virtual riders in their communities who, together joined the movement to break the stigma around mental illness.
We raised over $22,000 for our branch! Thank you to our riders, our countless volunteers, our donors, and our many community sponsors who made the day possible!
Please click here to view our website – registration for the 2017 ride is active and we will have more details in September regarding routes.
Thank you to all our amazing sponsors!
- Scimitar, who provided our shirts and promotional items
- Clif Bars – for keeping us nourished
- Rocky Mountain Bicycles – for providing amazing prizes for our fundraisers
- Impact Magazine and Frontstream, for helping us connect and build support
- Gold: Overlap, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada
- Silver: TD Canada Trust, KPMG, RWDI Consulting Engineers and Scientists
- Bronze: Elemental Interiors Design
- Community: Telecom Computers, OPESU Local 291
- Media: CTV Kitchener, KFUN 99.5FM, 105.3 Kool FM, Waterloo Region Record
- The Hub Bicycle Shop for providing tune-ups for our riders
- Come Alive Fitness for hosting our kick-off event and for donating a 10 class gym pass
- Moffitt Print Craft Limited for our printed material
- Culligan for keeping us hydrated
- Platters for our delicious food
- Waterloo Regional Police for keeping us safe along the route
- Skylight Productions Videography and Spencer Sills Photography for capturing the day
- Promo hound for your lovely bags
- St. Jacobs Lions Club for donating their facility
- Piper in Burg – Andrew – thank you for piping our riders out at the start