CMHA WW Leadership has reviewed the province’s plan on the impending shutdown scheduled to last for 28 days commencing at 12:01 am on December 26, 2020. With this information, the CMHA WW has put the following plan into place:
- The holiday site plan coverage for CMHA WW Services, that was originally scheduled to last until January 4th, will be extended by one week to January 11th. Site coverage plans include consolidating our operations into two office “hubs” at 80 Waterloo Ave. in Guelph, and 67 King St. E. in Kitchener until January 11, 2021 which will remain open for business hours.
- Beginning January 11th, all of our remaining offices (in Cambridge, Waterloo, Silvercreek Parkway in Guelph, Fergus and Mount Forest) will re-open where we will continue to see our clients in person as required.
CMHA WW staff will:
- Offer clients in-person appointments as needed – either in our offices, or in the community for mobile visits.
- Offer clients virtual appointments where
- Ensure that we follow our current safety protocols for self-screening for all staff and clients.
- Ensure that we use the appropriate procedures and PPE when required to meet with clients in-person.
- Continue to pre-screen via telephone prior to in-person meetings to ensure safety.
Staff at CMHA WW continue to demonstrate that we can keep both staff and clients safe in our offices, and in our mobile visits, so that essential care is provided to people that that need it most. Our Here 24/7 and IMPACT (Integrated Mobile Police and Crisis Team) Teams will continue to be available to address mental health crises in our community, as well as answer calls (literally 24/7) to respond to our community’s needs. We will continue to do all we can to support our community during the holiday season to address escalating issues during the second wave of this pandemic.