We are recruiting for a MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN (Integrated Youth Services Network)
- This is a contract full-time opportunity (35 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm with evening hours as needed until March 31, 2023) based at 900 Tower St. S. Fergus, 390 Main St. E. Palmerston and at 10 Thompson Cres. Erin.
Reporting to the Integrated Youth Service Network (IYSN) Director and the Director of Service at CMHA WW, the successful candidate will be committed to assisting and supporting youth accessing the Youth Wellness Hubs. This will include assessments, clinical services, and consultation for youth.
The IYSN is a one stop shop for youth between the ages of 12 and 26, providing mental health, addictions and developmental services including access to safe spaces, professional support services, and other youth workers. It is a collaborative project with the aim of providing youth with the support they need to build positive, bright futures.
The incumbent requires:
- Masters level degree in psychology, social work or relevant health or social science field
- Registration with relevant college/registering body
- Three or more years of related experience in youth mental health with in-depth knowledge of complex clinical issues
- Well-developed assessment and intervention skills
- A sound understanding and demonstrated knowledge of youth mental health and development
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills in working with individuals who have substance use issues
- Knowledge and understanding or previous DBT training in individual and group is an asset
- Knowledge and understanding of Adverse Childhood Experiences and Trauma Informed Practices
- Good organization, communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills Demonstrated experience and skill in providing both individual and group therapy
- Ability to work collaboratively in fast-paced and multi-disciplinary setting
- Proficiency with MS Office, Outlook and various database software
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter,
outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements with reference to Competition #2021-059 before 5:00 p.m. on August 3, 2021
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
80 Waterloo Ave., Guelph, ON N1H 0A1
e-mail: email@example.com fax: (519) 821-9865
COMPENSATION AND RATE OF PAY: Level 6 (OPSEU) – $33.61 to $40.96 per hour
CMHA WW, as an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to CMHA WW.