We are recruiting for a MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN (French Language Services)
- This is a regular full-time role (35 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) based at 485 Silvercreek Parkway N. Guelph and is a Regional position supporting Waterloo, Wellington, and Dufferin.
Reporting to the Manager, Children’s Services, the successful candidate will be committed to assisting parents, children, and youth to establish healthy relationships. This will include providing comprehensive assessments, clinical services, and consultation to community partners and group support. The successful candidate will provide recovery oriented counseling and support to children, youth, and their families with mental health and/or addiction challenges. Services will be provided in French so candidate must be bilingual.
The incumbent requires:
- Masters level degree in psychology, social work or relevant health or social science field
- Registration with relevant college/registering body
- Three or more years of related experience in providing community based mental health services with in-depth knowledge of complex clinical issues
- Well-developed assessment and intervention skills
- A sound understanding and demonstrated knowledge of children’s mental health and child development
- Fluency in both English and French (verbal and written)
- Preference will be given to those with knowledge and training in attachment
- Knowledge of and a willingness to be trained in the CYSAT program
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills in working with individuals who have substance use issues an asset
- Knowledge of and training in Trauma based therapies.
- Good organization, communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated experience and skill in providing both individual and group therapy
- Ability to work collaboratively in fast-paced and multi-disciplinary setting
- Proficiency with MS Office, Outlook and various database software
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter,
outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements with reference to Competition #2020-072
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
80 Waterloo Ave., Guelph, ON N1H 0A1
e-mail: email@example.com fax: (519) 821-9865
COMPENSATION AND RATE OF PAY: Level 6 – $31.35 to $39.76 per hour
CMHA WW, as an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to CMHA WW.