We are recruiting a Mental Health Clinician for Adult Services
- This is a regular part-time position (28 hours per week between the hours of Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) based at 392 Main St. N. Mt. Forest.
Team oriented and collaborative, you will provide recovery oriented counseling and support to individuals with serious complex mental health and/or addiction challenges and their families. This will include providing comprehensive assessments, clinical services, consultation to community partners and group support as well. You will be working in both an office and in community as required. This position reports to the Manager, Adult Services.
The incumbent requires:
- Masters level degree in psychology, clinical social work or relevant health or social science field
- Registration with relevant college/registering body
- 3 to 5 years’ experience within the health services sector with in-depth knowledge of complex clinical issues
- Sound understanding and demonstrated knowledge of the needs of people with complex mental health an addictions concerns and their families, and the programs and services in the community is required
- Experience working with individuals in crisis and at high risk for self-harm
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills in working with individuals who have substance use issues an asset
- Experience and understanding of how mental health issues, trauma, concurrent disorders and dual diagnosis impact the lives of individuals also an asset
- Demonstrated experience and skill in providing both individual and group therapy
- Knowledge of various modalities of therapy
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity to social and cultural diversity
- Highly developed organizational, communication and problem solving skills
- The ability to work collaboratively in a self-directed work team
- Proficiency with MS Office, Outlook and various database software
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation as travel is required
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements with reference to
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
80 Waterloo Ave., Guelph, ON N1H 0A1
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org fax: (519) 821-9865
CLASSIFICATION AND RATE OF PAY: Level 6 (OPSEU) – $31.35 to $39.76 per hour
CMHA WW, as an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to CMHA WW.