ASIST Training – Sept 28 and 29
ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first aid. ASIST teaches participants to recognize when someone may have thoughts of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety.
DATES: Thursday, September 28, 2023 and Friday, September 29, 2023
TIMES: 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
LOCATION: The Accelerator Centre, 295 Hagey Blvd, Waterloo, ON N2L 6R5
Lunch will be provided for both training days.
Goals and Objectives of ASIST:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
Space is limited. Address disclosed upon registration. You will receive an email confirmation from Eventbrite with the address. If you don’t receive it, please check your junk folder or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approximately one week before the workshop, all registered participants will receive a reminder email with any additional details you will need to know.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.
Disclaimer – TRIGGER WARNING
This is an educational session where participants will learn to notice and respond to situations where thoughts of suicide might be present. It is not recommended for participants who have recently experienced a loss or who have been experiencing thoughts of suicide. If you are unsure if this course is for you, please contact KBurch@cmhaww.ca or 1-844-264-2993 ext. 2036 for more information.