May 4, 2020
7:00 pm to 8:30 pmAdd to Calendar (iCal) Add to Google Calendar
Understanding Substance and Technology Use
This workshop will be focused on discussing mental health and how the use of drugs, alcohol, gaming and/or gambling may become a way to cope. Family members often gain support by sharing their experiences with other families/friends in similar circumstances. Come and discuss how to be aware of co-occurring issues and learn how to support your loved ones and yourself.
Topics will include:
- Signs and symptoms of abuse (of drugs, alcohol, gambling and screen time)
- Why do people struggle with use?
- What does overuse of technology have to do with mental health?
- How to support your loved one when substance use is an issue.
- How to practice self-care when worried about your family member.
This session will be facilitated by Sylvie Smith, RP, ICADC, Addiction, Problem Gambling & Technology Overuse Counsellor at Homewood Community Addiction Services (CADS).
Registration is required and available here.
For any questions or concerns, please contact Angela Heeley at email@example.com or at 1-844-264-2993 ext 4046.