Scroll down for a list of events and trainings each month:
Access prerecorded webinars and further information on training here.
August 13, 2019 to August 14, 2019
9:00 am to 4:30 pm
ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training): ASIST is a two-day interactive workshop in suicide first-aid.
Participants learn to recognize when someone may have thoughts of suicide and work with them to create a plan that will support their immediate safety. Suicide can impact anyone at anytime. Not only is this training appropriate for service providers, teachers, youth workers, emergency workers, counsellors, faith leaders, and volunteers, but also supervisors, co-workers, community members, family and friends.
Participants don’t need any formal training to attend the workshop – ASIST can be learned and used by anyone.
Goals and Objectives of ASIST:
- Understand the ways personal and societal attitudes affect views on suicide and interventions
- Provide guidance and suicide first-aid to a person at risk in ways that meet their individual safety needs
- Identify the key elements of an effective suicide safety plan and the actions required to implement it
- Appreciate the value of improving and integrating suicide prevention resources in the community at large
- Recognize other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
The cost is $200 per person, including materials and light refreshments. The location address will be disclosed upon registration. Approximately one week prior to the workshop, all registered participants will receive a reminder email with additional details.
Please click here to register.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer – TRIGGER WARNING
This is an educational session where participants will learn to notice and respond to situations where thoughts of suicide might be present. It is not recommended for participants who have recently experienced a loss or who have been experiencing thoughts of suicide. If you are unsure if this course is for you, please contact KBurch@cmhaww.ca or 1-844-264-2993 ext. 2036 for more information.