What is Brief Service?
Brief Service supports children and youth with mental health difficulties. Those difficulties could be with emotions, socializing, behaviour, or self-regulation. Brief Service also supports parents/caregivers. Support is time-limited.
Brief Service might be all the treatment needed. It can also identify that a child/youth needs further treatment.
What supports do we offer in Brief Service?
- Support for children 0 to 6 years of age and their parents/caregivers
- One to one counselling for children/youth who are 6 to 18 years of age, including their parents/caregivers as needed
- Support for parents/caregivers to understand and help their children/youth
- Group and individual supports
- Help for families to connect with other community services and resources if needed
The child/youth, parents/caregivers, and service providers develop goals and a treatment plan together. The plan identifies which supports will be involved.
Who can access Brief Service?
Brief Service is for children/youth birth to 18 years of age (starting before their 18th birthday) and their parents/caregivers.
As a parent or caregiver, you know your child or youth. You recognize that behaviour might be a sign that your child or youth needs support for their mental health.
How can you access support?
Your child is 0 to 5 years of age (before 6th birthday):
- Phone Here4Kids to book a Single Session: 1-844-454-3711
Your child/youth is 6 to 17 years of age (before 18th birthday):
- Phone Here24/7 to book a Single Session: 1-844-427-3247