We are recruiting for a PROJECT ASSISTANT – Food for Life (3 positions available)
– This is a contract part-time position (approximately 10 hours per month with the opportunity for more hours based on availability) from September 2018 to April 2019 based in Guelph.
This position will be responsible for implementing in-class nutrition presentations for students from JK to grade 4. The nutrition program is named “Food for Life”. There is one unit which is geared toward JK to grade 1 students, and a second unit for grade 2 to 4 students. Training and on-going support will be provided. This is a nutrition program that uniquely combines nutrition education with sensitivity to mental health, and more specifically, aims to reduce eating disorder risk factors.
The incumbent requires:
- Post-secondary student, minimum 2 years undergraduate completed
- Experience working with young children
- The ability to work with a high degree of independence
- Interest in education of youth
- Good organizational, interpersonal and problem- solving skills.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to shifting demands within schools and classrooms.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Personal transportation
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements with reference to:
Competition #2018-062 before 5:00 p.m. on July 22, 2018
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
80 Waterloo Ave, Guelph, ON N1H 0A1
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org fax: (519) 821-9865
CMHA WW, as an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to CMHA WW.