THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE SUPPORTING KIDS IN CAMP PROGRAM,
APPLICATIONS FOR SUMMER 2019 WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLINE
APRIL 1, 2019 AT 12:00PM (NOON)
As a reminder, registration is FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE, and does tend to fill up quickly.
Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington are proud to continue to provide a great program this summer for families of children with special needs. “Supporting Kids in Camp” provides children who have special needs with trained and experienced one to one workers, called Support Counsellors, so that they may attend specialized and/or integrated community camps.
There is no cost to families for this service!
This program is funded by the Ministry of Children and Youth Services (MCYS) and will address one-to-one support needs during summer camps, March Break camps, Winter Break camps, and Professional Development Day camp. If you are interested in applying for a support counsellor so that your child may be fully included and supported at a camp program, please read the following information:
*Please note, Supporting Kids in Camp does NOT run the week of August 5-9, 2019.
1) WHO CAN APPLY?
If you have a child under the age of 18, with two of the following: physical, cognitive, or behavioural challenges; living in Guelph-Wellington wanting to attend a day camp, but needs support for successful inclusion you are eligible to apply for a Support counsellor.
All eligible applicants must follow the process described below.
2) APPLICATION TO SUPPORTING KIDS IN CAMP
- Choose a camp program for your child and register for that program.
- Fill out the ONLINE APPLICATION.
- Complete the “One Form” and send in by fax, mail or drop off at any CMHA WW location within 3 days of your online registration to hold you space.
- Confirmation of support will be sent by mail once all paperwork has been received, based on availability and eligibility.
- The Program Coordinator will contact the camp, to ensure they are committed the philosophy of inclusion, and will contact your family regarding acceptance.
Tiffany Fagan – Supporting Kids in Camp Project Coordinator
c/o Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
485 Silvercreek Parkway North, Suite 1. Guelph, ONT. N1H 7K5
Phone: (519) 821-8089 ext: 7033
Fax: (519) 767-5309
In fairness to all, applications for a Support Counsellor are limited to one week during the summer.
Click on the following to access information:
Camp Funding Opportunities