What does a mental health clinician do?
Mental Health Clinicians listen to you and help you set priorities and goals. Our Clinicians will work with you to develop and implement skills that will help you create changes in your life and empower you to live your life more fully.
Is this service right for me?
- If you are 18 years of age and older, and overwhelmed by feelings of anger, despair, or fear and you cannot enjoy life anymore.
- You may have been healthy, but now you are feeling sick and unable to concentrate at school, at work and/or might find it difficult parenting.
- You may be experiencing high levels of conflict at home, or finding that you need alcohol or drugs to numb the pain.
- You may be experiencing thoughts of suicide.
- You are feeling ready to work with a therapist either individually or in a group.
What to expect/ goals/ benefits
- One of our mental health therapists will meet with you to assess your needs and help you set goals for change.
- We work with a short term model of counselling (typically; 6 to 8 sessions) to help you develop skills that you can take away and practice in everyday life.
- We offer programs to help you recover from significant depression and develop new ways of thinking and behaving.
- We see men and women who have suffered from trauma and offer a 16 week course to learn to better cope and live with the impact of past trauma.
- We continue to work with you to provide new programs to address your mental health needs.
Accessing our service
We have offices throughout Waterloo and Wellington.
You can call Here 24/7 to get help now at:
We do not need a doctor’s referral and there are no costs for our services.