We are recruiting an OTN/GERIATRIC OUTREACH NURSE
- This is a regular full-time positon (35 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm) based at 80 Waterloo Ave. Guelph with required travel across Waterloo Wellington.
As a member of the Waterloo-Wellington Specialized Geriatric Service System, this role provides outreach clinical services and clinical coordination to the Ontario Telemedicine Network (OTN) service across Waterloo Wellington. This role also provides in-home/outreach assessment and support, and memory clinic consultative services for individuals with complex geriatric addictions and mental health concerns as well as medical complexities.
The incumbent requires:
- Diploma/degree from an approved nursing program. Current registration and good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario and eligibility to practice as a Registered Nurse in Ontario
- 3-5 years of experience in the provision of services to a geriatric population with medical, cognitive, mental health, addictions, and behavioural complexities
- Skills, knowledge and clinical practice commensurate with the administration and interpretation of geriatric assessment, consultation and care plan implementation and intervention functions
- OTN Certification or willingness to obtain
- OTN clinical experience
- Experience in geriatric medicine an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and familiarity working in a team environment
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and documentation skills utilized in the management of an active client caseload
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity to social and cultural diversity
- The ability to work collaboratively with formal and informal community partners
- Proficiency with MS Office, Outlook and various database software
- Valid driver’s license, vehicle and insurance, as travel is required
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements with reference to:
Competition #2018-070 before 5:00 p.m. on July 22, 2018
CLASSIFICATION AND RATE OF PAY: Level 6 (OPSEU) – $31.14 to $39.37 per hour
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
80 Waterloo Ave. Guelph, ON N1H 0A1
e-mail: email@example.com fax: (519) 821-9865
CMHA WW, as an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to CMHA WW.