We are recruiting for several Mental Health Promotion Trainers (15 positions available)
– These are casual roles based at 1 Blue Springs Dr. Waterloo.
The successful candidate will deliver workshops and presentations such as SafeTALK, Mental Health First Aid, Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) and other presentations as needed. The candidate must be a registered trainer to deliver these specific workshops. The trainers will be responsible for the delivery of mental health training and education through evidence-based training. Target populations include: youth, emerging adults, adults, seniors, families and caregivers, community agencies and the general public.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum two year college diploma in health or social services, or other related field
- Certification to deliver SafeTALK, Mental Health First Aid and ASIST training
- Knowledge of Waterloo Wellington community resources and mental health services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook and various data base software
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the service
- Shared values and philosophy of the organization
- Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and proof of insurance
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements with reference to
Competition #2018-017 before 5:00 p.m. on March 23, 2018.
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
80 Waterloo Ave. Guelph, ON. N1H 0A1
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org fax: (519) 821-9865
CLASSIFICATION AND RATE OF PAY: Level 5 (OPSEU) – $27.14 to $34.32 per hour
CMHA WW, as an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to CMHA WW.