We are recruiting for a MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN (Children 0 to 6)
- This is a contract full-time role (35 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm until April 30, 2019) based at 234 St. Patrick St. E., Fergus.
Reporting to the Manager, Children’s Services, the successful candidate will be committed to assisting caregivers, infants, and young children to establish healthy relationships. The incumbent will provide mental health assessments, consultation and intervention services for the 0 to 6 population.
The incumbent requires:
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, early childhood education or relevant health or social science field
- Registration with relevant college/registering body or willingness to register preferred
- Certification in Infant Mental Health is an asset
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills working with infant and child mental health, as well as adult mental health
- Knowledge and demonstrated skills working with infant and child development
- Three or more years of related experience in providing community based mental health services with in-depth knowledge of complex clinical issues for children 0-6 and families
- Well-developed assessment and intervention skills
- Preference will be given to those with knowledge and training in attachment
- Demonstrated experience and skill in providing both individual and group therapy
- Good organization, communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in fast-paced and multi-disciplinary setting
- Proficiency with MS Office, Outlook and various database software
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements with reference to:
Competition #2018-103 before 5:00 p.m. on December 13, 2018
CLASSIFICATION AND RATE OF PAY: Level 6 (OPSEU) – $31.14 to $39.37 per hour
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
80 Waterloo Ave., Guelph, ON N1H 0A1
e-mail: email@example.com fax: (519) 821-9865
CMHA WW, as an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to CMHA WW.