We are recruiting for a MANAGER, FINANCE
- This is a full-time role (minimum 35 hours per week) based in Guelph.
The Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington Branch (CMHA WW) is a progressive community-based healthcare organization serving the residents of Waterloo Region, Guelph and the County of Wellington. With a complement of over 400 staff and a budget of $42 million, CMHA WW provides a diverse array of community based mental health services and select developmental services that span a large geographic area comprised of rural and urban communities. As a community leader for mental health, CMHA WW is committed to a vision of recovery and resilience that focuses on community inclusion, integration and quality of life for all citizens experiencing mental health or developmental challenges.
We require an experienced, team oriented, customer service focused and innovative individual to fill the position of Manager, Finance. Collaborating and supervising a staff of six, the Manager, Finance is responsible for leading the accounting, financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and reporting functions within the organization in a multi-funder environment. The successful candidate is a self-starter who works collaboratively with the team and Human Resources with minimal supervision and has the skills to build a highly effective team. This role will establish and maintain robust finance systems and controls within the organization to promote efficiency and safeguard the organization’s assets in keeping with the directions of the organization, funders and best practices. This position will report to the Senior Director, Finance and Organization Performance.
Key roles and responsibilities for this position include:
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values, Principles and Policies and Procedures of CMHA WW
- Works with Directors, Managers, Team Leads and other finance colleagues to continuously monitor, problem solve and improve the effectiveness of financial functions within the organization
- Develops and maintains positive mentoring and advisory relationships with CMHA WW leaders as determined through consultation
- Ensures accuracy, completion and timely follow-up of documentation required by legislation and policy and procedures
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with all relevant partners/stakeholders
The incumbent requires:
- University Degree and accounting designation from the Canadian Institute of CPAs or an internationally recognized accounting body
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a senior accounting role in a complex, professional services environment preferably combined with organization or system-wide experience in the funding of health or social services
- Proven ability to apply leadership skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills to effectively manage department and meet position requirements
- Proven skills in financial statement preparation and analysis and preparing and developing budgets and forecasts; knowledge of Great Plains would be an asset
- Demonstrated experience drafting policies and procedures related to financial processes and internal controls
- Thorough understanding of the not-for-profit sector, Broader Public Sector (BPS) directives, Ontario Provincial Government reporting/budget process (MIS) including multiple Ministries (e.g. MCYS/MCSS) and health care/social service system navigation
- Strong consulting and mentoring abilities
- Exceptional people skills expressed through a proactive hands on approach to developing and maintaining strong relationships with staff and managers
- Demonstrated business professionalism, respect for confidentiality and appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing environment
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills
- Demonstrated strong work ethic
- Previous work experience in a unionized environment is considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required (e.g. use of pivot tables)
- Strong alignment with CMHA WW’s Mission, Vision and Values
- A valid driver’s license, vehicle, and insurance, as travel is required
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements with reference to
Competition # 2019-029 before 5pm on April 5, 2019
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
80 Waterloo Ave., Guelph, ON N1H 0A1
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org fax: (519) 821-9865
CMHA WW, as an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to CMHA WW.