We are recruiting for a TEAM LEAD, HERE 24/7
– This is a contract full-time position (minimum of 35 hours per week with flexible scheduling to meet the needs of a 24/7 service) until September 2020 based in Kitchener/ Waterloo.
Reporting to the Manager, Here 24/7, the Team Lead is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Here 24/7 service. The focus of the work will be to build a strong team, ensure smooth operations, and implement and establish systems that will ensure a quality service.
Here 24/7 is a central point of access for those in need of mental health and/or addictions services in the community. It provides crisis assessment and triaging of referrals to internal and external supports.
- Bachelor’s degree in the Health or Social Science field
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience within applicable service
- Formal supervisory and/or management training or experience an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills, positive facilitation skills to lead team meetings, motivate and support staff
- Ability to build positive working relationships involving proactive problem solving and service planning with the many partners connected to the Here 24/7 mechanism
- Time management and organizational skill to effectively manage workload, schedule activities and appointments to meet the demands of the position
- Ability to supervise others, identify and address performance and disciplinary matters in a professional and constructive manner
- Solid knowledge of mental health or developmental services, relevant legislation, support and treatment
- Extensive knowledge of community resources and supports and ability to network effectively and build partnerships with other service providers
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others both within and external to the agency
- Experience applying recovery and resiliency based service delivery principles in community mental health/developmental/addictions settings
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and power point
- Demonstrated understanding of multi-cultural communities and values diversity
- Reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license required
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements with reference to
Competition #2019-044 before 5pm on May 26, 2019
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
80 Waterloo Ave., Guelph, ON N1H 0A1
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org fax: (519) 821-9865
CMHA WW, as an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to CMHA WW.