May 8, 2018
6:00 pm to 9:30 pm
disclosed upon registration
In recognition of Mental Health Week, May 7th to 13th, the Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington is sponsoring 2 free safeTALK workshops (Suicide Alertness Training) to community members, Waterloo May 7th & Guelph May 8th ($50 value). Open to anyone 15 years old and over, no previous experience or training necessary. Pre-registration is required as spots are limited.
This workshop is currently full. If you wish to be added to the waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Address will be disclosed to those who are registered.
Learning goals and objectives:
Over the course of their training, safeTALK participants will learn to:
- Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
- Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
- Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
- Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help
Learn the steps and tools to help save a life from suicide and create a suicide safer community.