We are recruiting for an EARLY CHILDHOOD RESOURCE CONSULTANT
- This is a regular part-time position (21 hours per week) based at 392 Main St. N. Mt. Forest.
Reporting to the Manager, Children’s Services, you will provide assessment, intervention and follow-up to children from 0-6 years with developmental concerns who attend a Licensed Child Care Program. You will promote the optimal development of children in child care by creating individualized plans to address their needs. You will provide consultation, education and resource support to child care staff, parents/guardians and other service partners.
The incumbent requires:
- Post-secondary education in Early Childhood Education or a related academic field of study
- Registered ECE
- Resource Teacher Certificate or the equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in the provision of services for children from 0- 6 years with developmental needs
- Knowledge of the unique needs of infants, children and their families
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of consultation in the child care setting
- Knowledge and understanding of the philosophy and strategies for providing high quality, inclusive child care programs
- Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity to social and cultural diversity
- Highly developed organizational, communication and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office, Outlook and various database software
- Valid driver’s license, applicable insurance and own transportation
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements with reference to:
Competition # 2018-031 before 5pm on April 23, 2018
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
80 Waterloo Ave., Guelph, ON N1H 0A1
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org fax: (519) 821-9865
CLASSIFICATION AND RATE OF PAY: Level 5 (OPSEU) $27.75 to $35.09 per hour
CMHA WW, as an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to CMHA WW.