We are recruiting for a CRISIS RESPONSE COORDINATOR – Waterloo Regional Police Services (WRPS). *There are two opportunities available.
- These are regular full-time opportunities (35 hours per week) based at 67 King St. E. Kitchener and at the Waterloo Regional Police Station (various detachments).
- Shifts are on a rotating schedule including daytime, evening and weekend hours. A typical rotation includes 4 shifts (3×10 hour, 1×9 hour) and 3 days off.
This position will provide mental health, addictions and crisis assessments. Supports and services are aimed at improving response times and response volumes for residents that have engaged police services when requiring mental health, addiction and crisis assistance. Individuals experiencing an acute mental health or addiction crisis are referred to CMHA WW by WRPS. The Crisis Response Coordinator will provide crisis assessment, intervention and stabilization to individuals who have a serious mental health or addiction concern, and as necessary link individuals to appropriate ongoing mental health and addiction services and support. The Coordinator will also provide mental health and addiction education to WRPS staff, as well as compassion fatigue support for WRPS, crisis staff and volunteer emergency service providers. This role will eventually be embedded within WRPS detachments as part of an Integrated Mobile Police and Crisis Team.
The incumbent requires:
- Degree/diploma in psychology, social work, or relevant health or social science field
- Three or more years of related experience
- Excellent intake, referral, crisis assessment, intervention and brief support skills
- Strong and efficient clinical documentation skills
- Excellent problem solving, creativity and decision-making skills
- Proven ability to maintain a calm demeanour under pressure and in crisis situations
- Demonstrated sound clinical and practical judgement
- Strong knowledge of privacy legislation and how it impacts shared care with police
- Proven engagement skills with vulnerable populations
- Ability to work well under pressure in a team environment and also independently
- Knowledge of a broad range of mental health, addiction and concurrent issues
- Knowledge of our system’s mental health and addiction supports and resources
- Good organizational, communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Strong ability to build healthy relationships and work collaboratively in a busy inter-disciplinary setting and with formal and informal community resources
- Well-developed knowledge base of the various service systems within the catchment area
- Demonstrated working knowledge of personal computers, database and word processing applications
- Demonstrated belief in the values and philosophy of CMHA WW
- A valid driver’s license, vehicle and insurance, as travel is required
If you are interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the position requirements with reference to
Competition # 2018-006 before 5pm on March 27, 2018.
Include the position title in the subject line when submitting applications to:
HR Generalist, Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington
80 Waterloo Ave, Guelph, ON N1H 0A1
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org fax: (519) 821-9865
CLASSIFICATION AND RATE OF PAY: Level 5 (OPSEU) – $27.14 to $34.32 per hour
CMHA WW, as an equal opportunity employer, embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codes, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the agency’s Accommodation Policy, accommodations will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to CMHA WW.