Moving on Mental Health Dufferin Wellington is part of provincial and local momentum driving toward mental health services that align with the needs of children, youth and families, and a desire to provide the best possible service experience to people who need support. Moving on Mental Health DW (MOMH) is a province-wide initiative that defines the action needed to realize Ontario’s Comprehensive Mental Health and Addictions Strategy. As part of this initiative, lead agencies were identified to represent regions across Ontario. The Canadian Mental Health Association of Waterloo Wellington (CMHA WW) was identified as the lead agency for Dufferin Wellington.
To learn more about the Moving on Mental Health strategy for Dufferin Wellington, and to find updates, please visit, www.momhwd.com.
Moving on Mental Health Steering Committee
The Moving on Mental Health Steering Committee is working together to improve the child and youth mental health service system. Improving care will require the collaboration and effort of a number of organizations as well as youth and families.
A system of community mental health services that supports children, youth and families to live their best possible life.
To develop a comprehensive plan and ensure realization of a better system of mental health services for children, youth and families in Dufferin Wellington.
- We put children, youth and families first (including before personal and organizational agendas).
- We make decisions based on the real experiences and needs of children, youth and families.
- We are open and transparent with each other and our community.
- We actively seek and invite feedback and course correction.
- We use a systems perspective to consider the broader context of our work.
- We are united in our dedication to our vision and mission.
- We follow through on our commitments.
- We treat everyone with respect and approach our work with generosity of spirit.
The Ontario Centre of Excellence in Child and Youth Mental Health is supporting Lead Agencies across the province in their system transformation work, as part of the provincial Moving on Mental Health strategy. The Centre has published a number of useful resources related to child and youth mental health. Click HERE to visit the Centre’s website for more information and resources.